If you’re used to working in an office and only in an office, suddenly working from home can throw you and your productivity off track.
Kids are now running around in the background of your conference calls, the dog is barking, your audio quality is spotty at best and your significant other may or may not be starting to drive you nuts. Welcome to your new routine.
Today we’re sharing our best tips for staying productive, stress and pain-free all while working from home.
Work from Home Tips:
- Get dressed – it might be tempting to stay in your pajamas all day, but showering and getting dressed will help you get focused and prepare you to start your workday.
- Stick to a routine – where possible build a routine or stick to the one you would have if you were at work.
- Get outside – no need to stay cooped up inside all day, try to get some fresh air by going for a walk or sitting outside. It can help provide you a fresh approach to the tasks on your list.
- Create a space – to help you focus, create a location at home where you’ll do the bulk of your work. It should be built for productivity, not just comfort.
- Connect – try having real conversations on the phone rather than just instant messages and email, this can be much more stimulating and helpful when in isolation.
- Utilize software tools like Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc. to enable collaboration whether it be for work or connecting with family and friends
- Audio is key here too–hardware like a Yamaha speakerphone can make the experience better overall
- Take breaks – spend 2 minutes every few hours with your Theragun to help awaken your senses and help you recharge from that 3 pm slump.
- Standing desk – whether it is boxes or books, there are plenty of ways to make a standing desk in your home, helping you keep good posture while you work.
- Schedule – do chores at the same time you’d do them if you were going into the office.
Why Audio Quality Matters:
- Sound affects us on a physical level. Sound doesn’t just vibrate our eardrums — it also affects our physical behavior on a deeper level. There are four main ways that sound affects our bodies:
- Psychologically: Anyone who has watched a great movie or TV show knows that sound can affect our feelings. A poignant soundtrack can make us feel sad, while an explosion sound can make us feel anxious or even shocked. Likewise, a conference call with poor audio can cause us to feel angry and frustrated.
- Cognitively: Clear audio isn’t just about quality; it’s also about the level of background noise and conflicting channels. When we have to parse multiple layers of information — like when two or more people are talking over each other — it affects our cognitive abilities and limits our understanding. Fortunately, the latest conferencing systems like the Executive Elite have DSP (digital signal processing) capabilities that limit interference, neutralize background noise, and more.
- Behaviorally: When we have a negative reaction to sound, we instinctively move away from it. We might check out mentally, or decide to cut the meeting short and leave the room. Bad sound can actually affect our decisions.
Where should I use my Theragun while sitting at my desk?
- Traps and Neck
- Lower Back
- Hands and Forearms
- Lower back
When treating a tight area for the first time, float the Theragun over the area for 30 seconds and then breathe and move through the treated area. Repeat as needed.
We recommend holding the Theragun by the Reverse grip, hand inside of the patented Theragun Triangle to have better control and to take the strain off your wrist.
Yamaha Unified Communications & Why Audio Quality Matters:
Now, more than ever, we are trying to stay connected. This time, though, while keeping our distance. Being away from friends, family and the office does not mean sacrificing human contact. Yamaha’s portable speakerphone is perfect for working from home, streaming live concerts, listening to a podcast or setting up a virtual book club or even a happy hour with your friends or family. Thanks to Yamaha’s innovative technology and a little creativity, we can stay connected in the weeks to come.
Audio and video conferencing solutions from Yamaha streamline collaboration and boost productivity wherever people need to speak openly, share freely, and create exceptional things. Yamaha’s considered approach to building enterprise-grade microphone systems, conference phones, and video sound bars ensures exceptional audio quality, ease of connectivity and flexibility for meetings across the table or across the globe. Wired and wireless options complement today’s nuanced and hectic business systems. With core tenets of simplicity, clarity, and efficiency, Yamaha brings to unified communications a passion for sound and performance that has been creating excitement and inspiration for more than 130 years.
YVC-200 Personal Speakerphone (Bluetooth + USB)
Theragun customers are receiving 20% off the YVC-200 Personal Speaker Phone:
YVC-330 Speakerphone with SoundCap Technology
A step up from the YVC-200, this speakerphone adds unique sound technology that eliminates background noise outside of a 1 meter / 3ft range. If you’re working from a busy home with kids and pets or sharing an office space or office kitchen for the first time with your roommate or significant other, this is a perfect solution for you.
The innovative SoundCap technology converts the audio of open workspaces into a clear and natural signal that is almost as good as being in a quiet meeting room. Don’t be fooled by this portable conference phone’s compact design: with Yamaha technology, great sound comes in small packages.